The Infection Control course is to help you understand procedures for
preventing and dealing with potential infections. One in ten patients
becomes infected while in hospital and about 3-5% of those infected die
as a result. HALF of these infections can be avoided.
Objectives upon course completion:
● What microorganisms are and how they operate.
● How infections spread and how people contract blood borne diseases.
● Importance of hand hygiene.
● When should PPE be worn.
● How to clean and decontaminate areas and equipment properly.
● How to clean bodily fluids correctly.
● How to dispose of healthcare waste effectively.
● Covid-19 - Symptoms, Treatment & PPE
● Transmission of Infection
● Standard Precautions
● Body Fluid Spillage Management
● Isolation of Patients
● PC, Mac, Tablet, Smartphone
● Approx. 60 minutes